Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buca di Beppo

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

8580 State Highway 121
Frisco, Texas
Rod took me to Buca di Beppo's for my birthday this year. We reserved the table in the kitchen because we thought it would be really cool and it was. We had the manager and our waiter sit and chat with us about the restaurant and how many they serve on any given weekend. I had such a good time here. Of course I love any restarurant where I can of into the kitchen and see the food being made. I so recommend this place to everyone who loves italian food. It is all so delicious and the biggest servings I have ever seen. This place just rocks.

This is the mozzarella wedges hand breaded with homemade marinara sauce. We ate two before I remembered to get my camera out. :0)

Ravioli al Pomodoro

This is ravioli stuffed with the a combination of mozzarella, provolone, ricotta and parmesan cheeses, it's served with Buca di Beppo's homemade marinara sauce. It was so tasty!



Gnocchi al Telefono

Italian potato dumplings tossed with fresh mozzarella in light roasted garlic marinara and a touch of cream. This night was the first time I had ever had gnocchi. I had to ask the waiter what it was. It was awsome and I loved the fresh basil sprinkled on top. It was delicious! The large order of this will run you $26.45.




Garlic Mashed Potatoes
These are such yummy mashed potatoes made with skin-on red potatoes and lots of garlic. The large serving of this yummy side is $11.45.



 
Our waiter was great at keeping the basket of bread refilled. The coffee was good not bitter. And we also had as a side the Italian Broccoli Romano, it is broccoli with garlic and a light touch of crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese. The little bit of red pepper does make it warm so becareful when you try it. I enjoyed it but my boys wouldn't have. We ordered the large serving which is $10.45.







The mound on the left is a family sized serving of lasana and the smaller one on the right is the individual serving. It truely is just layers and layers of goodness. When you come here remember it's large portions of everything. 




Our waiter is on the left. He was great!

I enjoyed being able to watch the chefs.

This is the huge serving of tiramisu. I can't say I have had it better anywhere else.

This sinfully flavored Tiramisu features homemade ladyfingers soaked in dark rum and espresso, layered with sweetened mascarpone cheese and topped with cocoa and crumbled hazelnut biscotti.




And last but not least a huge cupcake for my birthday. :0) We took so much food home this night it was unreal. We ate on it for days. I had the tiramisu with my morning coffee and remembered the wonderful meal we had. 
I think this restaurant is just a wonderful place to go and eat. I wish I could afford to go there more often. The waiters are great and the place is clean and the chefs in my opinion are awesome! I think the next time I go it will be for lunch and see how that compares to dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment