Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ol' South Pancake House, FortWorth, Texas

http://www.olsouthpancakehouse.com/

Ol' South is located at 1509 S. University Fort Worth, Texas 76107
The seating is nicely spaced. We were placed at a corner table that accommodated us well. It took awhile to decide what to have as all of it looked delicious.
. I finally ordered the Swiss Omelet stuffed with grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, onions and hollandaise sauce and a bagel on the side.


My sweetie did a build your own omelet with spinach, mushroom and American cheese and a stack of pancakes on the side.




The boys ordered waffle with bacon, Texas patty melt that had lots of melted cheddar cheese and sautéed onions on Texas Toast and a Hamburger Club Sandwich that is a half pound hamburger patty with crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato.
 
I loved the fact that they had a choice of fries or a bowl of fruit and I was quite happy that my younger two chose to have fruit with their meals.

I was able to get a bite of the Hamburger club sandwich and the meat was just delicious. It had a really nice smoky flavor.
And the Texas patty melt was just oozing with cheese and greatly enjoyed by my middle son.
My oldest loved his waffle and was so filled by it that I was honored with getting his bacon, which was cooked well done but not burnt. I was amazed at how thick the slices were, made me feel like they had just picked it up from the butcher.

 The boys can’t wait to go back again and I have to say I can’t either I just hope we get a different waitress. She was pleasant enough but she was slow and forgot to bring out the bacon after I had asked her about it. Wasn’t good at refilling glasses and the last time she refilled our tea she gave us sweet and we had ordered unsweetened tea. The food was amazing even if the service is lacking and they weren’t packed when we went there so she didn’t have that excuse.
Their prices were good. With five people our bill was right at $60. If you are ever over by this restaurant I recommend stopping by. Tell them “Peggy sent you” that and $3.45 will get you a milkshake which is what my boys had to go. Lots of strawberries chopped up in the strawberry shake and the vanilla was a nice rich flavor. My final word on the place is “It was quite Yummy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment