Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dimassi's Mediteranean Buffet

http://dimassisbuffet.com/index.php
5220 Belt line Addison, TX 75254

                    

We went out to lunch and met up with friends at Dimassi's today. Dimassi's has been a favorite place of mine for over a year now. I had passed it by just because I didn't think a mediteranean buffet would be that good. Honestly, I just felt it would probably be over priced for what it was as I was comparing it to the Ruchi Palace. But to my great pleasure and surprise Dimassi's is just awesome! The smells when you walk through the door is just wonderful. It is in an old Steak n Ale and the buffett covers the whole back wall. It is just the yummiest food. The first time I went I had two plate fulls of food. I hurt so bad when we left, now I control myself and just get smaller potions knowing that the next time I come it will always be as good as the first time I went. Now I don't love everything but I do enjoy most of the items here.

Here are my photos of the buffet. ~





My favorite salad is the Greek salad,(on the left) it's a great chunky salad with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and just a ton of fetta cheese. It is so YUMMY! The salad on the right is Lebanese salad which is just as good with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar.



Oranges are great to have at the end of the meal to cleanse the pallette.





Dimassi’s Eggplant baked in pomegrante, molasses, diced pepper and olive oil it's on the left. And I find it quite tasty.

Dimassi’s style of spinach, I love the feta cheese spead on top.
On the right is baked chunks of potatoes seasoned with herbs, spices, olive oil, and cilantro. I love dipping them into the garlic sauce that they have on the buffet.

The fried cauliflower just rocks! It is fried in olive oil and lightly salted. I really like it and make it now at home.
The green beans are okay too cooked with tomato sauce, onions and garlic.

The noodles on the right cooked to perfection with tomatoes, black olives and one other seasoning I don't know. Behind the noodles are wonderfully cooked beans cooked with onions, parsley, tomatoes and garlic and I think olive oil and lemon juice.  In the back is a delicious cabbage salad with tomatoess, olives, lemon juice and garlic.  The Dolmades are the best I have ever had. They are always tender and tasty. This is the only place I have ever liked them, so far.


Kafath kabob is on the back left side. It is parsely, onion, ground beef, garlic, pepper and salt mixture.   Falafels are on the back right. They are made with chick peas, parsley, cilantro, onions and spices, I like them better here than at the location off Cambell Rd. in Richardson. (They have blonde ones there and I like the ones that are green on the inside.) Maybe the other location needs to put more cilantro in theirs.
Then you have grilled chicken and shaved lamb on the right. I would suggest getting there in the early part of the afternoon for luch so you don't have to try and eat dried out chicken. The lamb is a little spicy but that is about the only thing that is. Everything has a good flavor but if you are into spicy it isn't going to be here. I like this place for the fact that it isn't too spicy. I would say it is "mediteranean food made for most americans".

I like the mustard chicken that is on the front left. I am not sure what's on the back left. They do have fried chicken and fried fish. So that might be fried fish on the back.

I like the "chicken aurora" on the left. It use to be better when they made it with heavy cream but now they make it with milk and the sauce is thinner. The chicken aurora has mushrooms in it but I am not sure what else. I didn't like the shredded beef much which is on the left. Just too much tomato flavor.  

I haven't tried either of these so I can't tell you. Sorry.

I am not sure what is on this besides olive oil but I didn't like it much.






The breads are fresh baked in a stone oven. I just love fresh hot bread which is why it's good to get here early. Later in the day when I have come in it's cold and not so yummy.

They have two soups that they serve. The split pea is okay but the chicken noodle isn't that good at all. No flavor in the broth or chicken that they have in it and the pieces of chicken are way too big, I think, to be in a soup. One scoop and you have filled the bowl with a little broth and lots of chicken chunks. Very disappointing. Just not a place to go if you are wanting a good soup. Sorry.

Don't go in thinking you will be waited on this is a serve yourself place drinks included. I don't tip because all they do is clear your plates and I don't feel the need to tip for that.
The lunch price is the best deal during the week. It's nine dollars and on weekends it's eleven. They use to give you a card that they punched and your eleventh lunch was free but they don't do that anymore.
It's a shame.





Went back today for another yummy meal today. 9-25-2010



The brisket was tender and flavored with quite a few tasty spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment