Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Clay Pit, Addison, Texas


It is located on Beltline and has lots of parking. We found a nice shady spot to park on the side. With it being 104 degrees out today in Texas, shade is definately wanted.          
I don't go here too often but every time I do the food is delicious. The service isn't always good but today it was. :0)  Decided to just get the lunch buffet instead of trying to pick an item off the menu.


When I walked in the door and the smells hit me I thought "Now why have I been away so long?"
We were shown to a table and then the decision of what to have was next. I didn't get anything with meat in it today. I decided on the yummy basmati rice with vegetable koorma on top. My sides were spinach pakora (battered and fried spinach), saag paneer (spinach with cheese), and aloo jeera (potatoes in a sauce).
I didn't have any naan (which a wonderful flat bread that you can get with all kinds of flavors added to it) because I just didn't have room to eat it and have dessert too. :0)

But I did get a side of really tasty mushroom soup. I had to ask what all was in it because it was just so yummy and our waitress was happy to go ask.  Onion, celery and potatoes were in there along with the mushrooms. I wouldn't have guessed the celery. 
 
With my meal I just had to have their mango tea served with an orange on the side.

It was simply a wonderful meal out and to finish it all off I had mango custard, usually I am not one to eat custard but I really like the one they serve. It has a fruit salad mixed into it and makes for a nice end to a meal with curry.

The place is always clean and inviting and good for either eating alone or with a friend. It's never been really noisy with loud music playing like you would find at Chili's and they do have a bar. The price isn't too bad. For two we spent $25.00 on the buffet.

I hope you can find the time to stop in give it a try. Just remember the server may not always fill your glass as fast as you would like but the food will be YUMMY!!! :0)

1 comment: