Monday, August 16, 2010

Waffle House

http://www.wafflehouse.com/welcome/

When I feel like having breakfast for lunch, Waffle House in Addison,Texas is where I go. And sometimes the kid in me comes out and I have dessert first. Everytime I do, I hear my grandmother telling me I should eat "real" food before sweets. :0) But at forty I can have my dessert first. I have tried their pecan pie and the chocolate is my favorite.
On this day, I ordered eggs with cheese, hashbrowns with onion, mushroom and cheese, raisin toast with apple butter and bacon.

 It was really good and always filling. Usually I am in there around 1:00 p.m. or so for lunch sometimes I go at 11:00 a.m. Once and only once have I gone at midnight. We were out late one night from picking up the boys from their dad's and we thought it would be a nice stop for a bite before going home as we hadn't eaten before our long journey there and back. The cooks were terrible and the food was horrid and I will never go back to the Addison Waffle house late at night. The morning and afternoon crew rock and they are all I will have cook my food now.





On another visit to my favorite Waffle House I ordered scrabbled eggs, hashbrowns, grilled chicken breasts and a side of biscuits and gravy.

 

 


Rod ordered his usual which is a three egg omelette with cheese, toast and hashbrowns with onion, mushrooms and cheese.

And here are my favorite waitresses at the Waffle House in Addison, Texas. They are Sheryl, Heather and Denise.

On a side note. There is one Waffle House I will not go to and it is the one in McKinney, Texas. I had the worst service there. I left before I ordered any food. I sat in there for fifteen minutes and hadn't even been served any coffee and I ordered it. So we got up and left. I understand if you are busy but at the minimum get drinks to your customers. Just getting my coffee to me would have made me stay and wait for my food.
I enjoy the Waffle House in Denton, Texas, the one on the border of Carrollton and Lewisville, Texas and the one off I-30 and Beltline Rd in Garland,Texas. When you are in the mood for a quick breakfast that will taste good and fill you up cheap this is the place to go. :0) Two peolple can eat here on an average of $20.00. And don't forget to tip your waitresses they work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment