Sunday, August 29, 2010

Catfish Cove

http://www.catfishcoverestaurant.com/


Catfish Cove Restaurant
3839 N Belt Line Road
Sunnyvale, Texas 75182


There are a lot of people that think it's in Mesquite, Texas but it's really just on the edge of it in Sunnyvale.

It's a family owned business and is very dear to my heart as my Aunt Rose and Uncle Jim own it. It didn't seem right to have a blog about food and not include them so here it is. :0)

It is the first place I can ever remember my Poppa taking us out to eat and I bused tables here one summer.

My favorite thing is the hushpuppies. They use to have jalapenos in them but are still just as delicious without them.. Nice and crunchy on the outside with a moist center.


They have a relish bar with lots of tempting offerings.



.
The pea salad, pickled okra, potatoe salad and cole slaw are my favorite. Their tarter sauce is one of my favorite things to dip my fish in.




I had to try the fog legs. I have never had them here before and since I had tried them at VIP Buffet (with jalapenos) I felt like these would be more to my liking. I have decided now that I personally don't like frog legs. It's the chewyness of them I just don't like. It's a nice white meat and the flavor was good but it's just not for me.


Genia decided on fish nuggets and baked potatoe.


I chose a smorgasbord of seafood, they call it the Seafood Platter. It includes a catfish fillet and nuggets, butterfly shrimp, and instead of the usual fried oysters you will get fried scallops (which are just yummy), boiled shrimp and stuffed crab round out this tasty platter.
If you like fried fish the way your grandmother would make it then you will love it here.


They have some yummy desserts but I was just too full this visit to try any. Guess I will have to plan another trip to Catfish Cove.



They do cajun fried turkeys and if you have never had one you should this Thanksgiving. They are so good! Bring in your turkey and they will fry it to perfection and all you will have to do is pick it up.


1 comment:

  1. I moved to Texas in 94..In 95 for Thanksgiving my mom went there and got a Cajun deep fried turkey..After the 1st time I used to love Thanksgiving..we'd go there very year after to get our turkey deep fried..Now it's 2020 and they still doing the Cajun turkeys..Best Cajun Deep Fried in the city🖤

    ReplyDelete