Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mr Chopsticks

http://www.mrchopsticks.com/

Mr. Chopsticks is located at
1633 Scripture Street

Denton, TX 76201

I have been enjoying Mr. Chopsticks for almost four years now. The second year of eating here I was put off because they changed their portion size but aparently that didn't help the business and things are back to normal thank goodness. The wait crew is hit or miss with being on top of things or leaving you with the feeling that you are totally on your own and having to flag them down. The food is always delicious and I have yet to have a bad meal.  Their vegetable soup is the only thing that made me feel better one evening when I was sick on my birthday. Mentally, it made me feel good to get soup from one of my favorite places in Denton and physically, enjoying a good hot soup just does the trick when nothing else will.

I hope you enjoy the photos that I have taken of some of the best I think they have. Soup pictures to come soon. :0)


Normally I just have unsweetened tea with dinner. I enjoy fresh tea and I always get that here.

Crispy noodles are always a great way to start a meal. This is the place were I became hooked on sweet chili sauce. I now buy and use it at home. I bought a deep frier just so I can make crispy noodles at home I enjoyed it so much. The sweet chili sauce is watered down some but the flavor is just wonderful.

Vegetables Tempura is another yummy appetizer and favorite. It is carrots, green beans, zucchini and white onions fried in a tasty tempura batter. The dipping sauce, is of course, sweet chili.
I have also tried and enjoyed their Vegetable Wraps and Vegetable Spring Rolls.

Cashew Tofu is so far my favorite stir fry dish. It has huge chunks of fried tofu with onions, carrots and bell peppers in chili-seared garlic-ginger soy sauce. I always pick out the chili but I like the flavor they give the sauce.

It is a cozy place and they have outside seating available if the weather allows it.


With the crispy noodles all gone it was time to leave. As always I am looking forward to my next visit.

The prices are not going to break you either. Rod and I usually spend about thirty to forty dollars depending on what all we have ordered and if we get extra fried tofu and crispy noodles to go. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment