Monday, August 23, 2010

VIP Buffet

http://www.vipbuffetoftx.com/
VIP Buffet is located at
1927 E Belt Line Rd

Carrollton, TX 75006


Our friend Michael invited us to go out with him to dinner at VIP Buffet. We had never been so I googled it to check out what poeople have said about it. Their website doesn't have any menu or photos of the buffet up so all I had to go on were the comments of people on yelp.com. I must say I was a little worried on if I was going to like it or not. But I did and will probably be going back for lunch though not dinner. It is just a little cheaper for lunch and that would make it worth it. The place is the typical chinese motif but it is done very nicely. I really liked the fountain up front with the gold fish in it.
There were four things that I really liked so I am going to list those first then move on to the rest. The "Monglian Grill" up front is at the top of my favorite thing here. I liked picking what I wanted to have grilled together and watch it being cooked infront of me.

The only thing that was low on the offerings for the grill was the mushrooms.

The had a decent selection of vegetables but I wish they had some carrots. (Just call me "Spoiled") The shrimp, chicken and beef didn't look dried out I was happy about that. I did pick through the meat to get the pieces that had less fat on it though.

I asked the chef if I could take photos while he cooked my meal and he said yes. So here they are.





They use a dark soy here so if you like light soy you might not like this.





And my meal is ready.
I can't wait to go again. I think I am going to get a few pineapples off the salad bar and ginger off the sushi bar to go into the mix. :0) He did add garlic and red chili into it but that was it.


The large ragoons were good but the cream cheese tasted sweet. Which wasn't bad but just differant. The egg rolls were okay and the shrip was okay too. Nothing to make your mouth dance but it was okay.










The stuffed shrimp was pretty good. It had more flavor than the battered and fried shrimp did.


Grilled Salmon, I didn't try it but there is always next time.




I didn't try the beans as they looked really dried out and old. Not appitizing at all.

I liked the pepper steak.







I liked the bourbon chicken they served and the mushrooms. The barbeque porkchop was dry I am sure it was great earlier in the day as the flavor was good. I didn't like the little shrimp, it was flavored with jalapenos. I liked the mushrooms but not the orange chicken it seemed too fatty.

These are chicken dumplings I tried off the dim sum table. They were okay. the flavor was bland but I guess if you dipped it into a ginger and soy sauce mix it would be good. 

The rolls were yummy, tasted fresh and were warm. The only thing is they have what I think was honey already on top fo them. Which isn't a bad thing just made me wish I had wet wipes at the table. :0) And I didn't see any butter out to go with your roll.


I tried one frog leg. It was a nice light batter but they had it served with jalapenos (I just don't get how that is chinese) so it was pretty hot. The meat is a lot like chicken but chewier. I won't be eating anymore here because of the heat. I would try it again without the jalapenos.


I liked the little custerd pie. I didn't like the pastry puff it was tough but the filling was good.


Here are some shots of the Sushi Bar. I was too full to try any but my friend Michael really enjoyed what he had. Of course our favorite for sushi is Osaka in Plano, Texas.


I know it's made fresh because I watched the Itamae (sushi chef) make it and put it out. :0)


My next visit I will start here so I can get a sample of everything.

And last but by far not the least thing.
I loved the sherbert they have.
It was the perfect ending to a meal. Wonderful orange flavor with pieces of orange zest in it. I would have gone back for more but I was stuffed.

I liked the price and the place didn't seem dirty I will have to check and see what scores the health department of Carrollton has given them. They passed as far as I am concerned.

I am looking forward to my next trip back for sushi, the grill and sherbert.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment