Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nico's Cocina

http://www.nicoscocinamexicana.com/

I use to live across the street from this place and even though I have moved it is always fun to go back and have another wonderful meal. When you walk in you are greeted and seated in a warm and friendly manner. There has never been a time I haven't felt like they were happy I was there.


 The servers are friendly and quick to refill your drinks and chips and dip if you run low. :0)


I so enjoy their chips and can never decide who I like better theirs or El Fenix. I think the only differance is Nico's chips seem machine rolled where as El Fenix seems hand rolled more rustic. Now as for the salsa Nico's steals my heart by putting cilantro into theirs. It is so yummy the mix of flavors in their salsa. The black bean dip is just as tasty and light on your tongue. Not at all what you would expect it to be. When we have dinner or lunch here we go through two baskets of chips, it's just that good.

There is a bar here too but I have not had the pleasure of a drink made there yet. I usually am having lunch here and have to go to work afterwards so a drink is out. :0) But I hope to have one there soon and I assure you I will get a photo.


On this day I ordered my favorite dish. Magarita Chicken. My mouth was watering waiting for it to arrive.


The chicken is a grilled master piece with the yummiest green chili sauce and mexican cheese on top. It's laid on a bed of seasoned rice that has just a few vegetables in it.

It is served with grilled vegetables which are perfectly done with just enough seasoning. And a nice mixed salad with a light vinaigrette dressing.

The flavor of this meal is just outstanding and why it is one of my favorites. You have that wonderful smell of tequila, green chili and spices mixed with a delightful cheese.  


Rodney ordered a monterrey jack filled Chile Relleno covered with a sour cream sauce. With the traditional bean and rice for sides. 

 
And a really fresh salad blend of lettuce, tomatoe and shredded cheese.


The owner, Joaquin Espinoza, stopped by the table and chatted for a bit.


And of course, I had to get a quick shot of our wonderful servers. They were really on top of it today.

I can't wait to go back again. I hope to have time on a friday as they have a live mariachi band that day.
:0) If you are ever on the cornor of Josey Lane and Frankford Road stop in and have a YUMMY bite!

The prices are really good here. There is always a lunch special  and today Rod and I only spent twenty dollars, not including the tip.


No comments:

Post a Comment