Monday, August 23, 2010

Kereje Ethiopian Restaurant

http://kerejeethiopia.com/
7015 Greenville Ave, Suite 300
 Dallas TX 75231

I loved the colorful entrance. Rod asked me one day if I wanted to go have something like I have never had before. I said yes and we were on our way to Kereje.



We ordered the doro wat - chicken prepared in a red pepper stew - and a vegetarian dish. They were accompanied by small mounds of greens, three types of lentils in various textures, a lettuce salad and some goat cheese.

The Chicken in the red pepper stew was a bit too spicy for me so all I ate out of it was the boiled egg. It was okay but probably something I wont be craving.




Traditional injera, a doughy bread used to scoop up the food is served with your meal. It has kind of a sour dough kind taste to it with a moist grainy texture. It was quite an unusual flat bread.



Traditional injera it's huge! :0)

I really enjoyed the experiance but I am not so sure when I will ever be back for round two. :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment