Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet Basil

sweetbasilitalian.com
17610 Midway Road, Dallas, TX 75287

Rod and I have driven by this place many times and have always said we would try it out. Our friend Michael suggested it one evening so we went. The prices are expensive for what they serve. None of it tasted fresh. I ordered the Mozzarella Fritta and was expecting more than what I could go pick up myself at Wal Mart for the $5.95 that I spent on them. They were small and tasted like frozen food.
My main course was Chicken Parmigiana which was okay but way over priced for what it was and the portion size. At the high cost of $13.99 I expected freshly made but got what I consider poorly prepared. I seriously could have gotten better at Kroger frozen foods isle and have. I had coffee with my meal and it was okay, not bitter. They have an extensive wine list and maybe I should have had some with my meal to make it more palatable but I usually don't drink out. My dessert was tiramisu and again tasted like something out of a box but was the best thing I tasted all evening. Honestly, my boys have made better foods.

I will get a picture of the place eventually up, but since I will never be wasting my money on their food again photos of it will not be forth coming. I wish I had taken my camera with me that night but it was before I had started my blog.

The restaurant was cozy and clean but I felt the tables were too close together and our server forgot about us after serving the food. I had to call him over to get a second cup of coffee.

I hope this keeps you from making the mistake of going with high expectations of their food. Go to Kroger or Wal Mart and buy Buitoni frozen foods you will like it better and spend less money.

No comments:

Post a Comment