Sunday, September 12, 2010

Babe's; Carrollton, Texas

http://www.babeschicken.com/Babes-Chicken-Dinner-House-Carrollton.html
1006 West Main

Carrollton, Texas 75006


My friends Genia and Marc went to Babe's with me to have some of their wonderful fried foods.

There is seating outside if you like.

But we chose to sit inside as it's still really hot out.
Sitting inside is nice and cool but the music is a bit too loud for me and it was really dark. I had to stop when I stepped in to let my eyes adjust to it.

The salad was okay and if you are one of those that likes just lettuce, like my nine year old, then you will love it. I still felt that a nice cucumber would be good with it.

The green beans  had a great flavor but I felt they were over cooked. They were really quite soft.

The sweet corn was just yummy with just the right amount of butter added to them.

The fresh buscuits were fabulous especially when I added honey to it. :0)

The gravy and mashed potatoes were the best. We had the waitress bring several bowls of them.

I picked chicken fried steak and Genia and Marc picked the chicken. They were very kind to let me get in a few shots before it was devoured. :0)

It was quite the home style meal and very enjoyable. I will be back to try another fried temptation as I still haven't tried thier fish.


The mashed potatoes were just right and perfect for dipping my chicken fried steak into.

The fried chicken was a wonderful golden brown and nice and juicy on the inside.

I loved the lemon meringue pie.  It tasted like a lemon had been fresh squeezed in every bite. I am not a big fan of meringue so I gave it to Marc. He loved adding it to his chocolate pie.

Genia picked the banana pudding which I did get a tasty bite of. It was wonderful, just like my mom would have made.

Marc had the chocolate pie which was yummy and rich. It made me long for a big glass of milk. :0)

The price isn't too bad, the three of us ate for under $50.00 and that is including tip.
The waitresses are friendly and work really hard making sure you have what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment