Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Olive Garden

http://www.olivegarden.com/default_f.asp
4240 BELTLINE RD

ADDISON TX 75001

Rod and I had a wonderful lunch out at Olive Garden today. We have been seeing the comercials about the never ending bowls of pasta and wanted to give them a try.

I really enjoy how thi restaurant is decoreated. Wine bottles all over the place how could that be anything but good? :0)

They have a wonderful garden salad with all the things I think should be in a salad and they will grate cheese in it if you like at your table. (unlimited refills)

Delicious warm garlic bread. (unlimited refills)

I think it is a wonderful mix of lettuce, tomatoe, shredded carrots, onion and black olives (which are my favorite) with crunchy crutons tossed in.

Sometimes I like to have black pepper sprinkled on it but not today.

Rod's first order was the whole wheat linguine with creamy parmesan portobello.

Topped with shredded parmesan. I did get a bite and it was so yummy!

I thought the noodles would be grainy but they weren't. It was really a delicious dish, the parmesan sauce was just loaded with portobello mushrooms.

I ordered angel hair pasta with the chianti sauce on one side and the parmesan portobello on the other.

I mixed the two together to make a "pink" sauce. My friend Lynn got me hooked on it.

Rod's second order was fettuccine with alfredo sauce.

It was totally yummy!


My second order was penne with the five cheese marinara. I just loved it, couldn't eat it all so brought it home.

Loved the little chunks of tomotoes in it.

It was nice that they had people coming by to see if you wanted a refill. I hate my glass being empty and having to wait to get it refilled.

Piccoli Dolci "little dessert treats".

Amaretto Tiramisu with Almond Cookie Crumble
This one had a wonderful flavor but I didn't like the cookie they had at the bottom.
Limoncello Mousse with Vanilla Cookie Crust
This is the favorite of the three that we picked.

 
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse & Caramel Cream
This one was okay. The boys would haved liked it best but it just didn't have any "pop".
Our waitress was just wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment