Monday, September 13, 2010

Poor Girls Cafe

1010 E. Main Street
Davis, Oklahoma 73030

Stopped off at this cute little cafe after spending the day at Turner Falls. Rod had eaten here before but it was my first time.

The commodes as planters was just so "redneck" I couldn't wait to see the inside.

I chose the Poor Girl Scrambler. It is a meat lovers delight with sausage, bacon and ham on the side and in the eggs. The hashbrowns were perfect, golden brown on the outside and nice and soft in the center.

I just added a little pepper to mine then dug in. I couldn't eat it all because I wanted to save room for the lemon pie.

The gravy doesn't have meat in it so if you know anyone that's a vegetarian I think they will be pleased if they stop here.

Rod had the cheese omlette, hashbrowns, buscuits and gravy.

The lemon pie was perfect from the homemade crust to the whipped cream on top. I loved it!

The pecan pie was another yummy dessert that we tried. The thick filling was so good I had to lick the fork.

I can't wait till our next visit to Turner Falls and Poor Girls Cafe. I think I am trying the burgers next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment