Friday, September 3, 2010

Schlotzsky's Deli


http://www.schlotzskys.com/
2661 Midway Road Suite 214, Carrollton, Texas 75006

Since Rod still wasn't feeling too good we opted for soup and sandwich this day. After a few minutes of hunting on the net and calling to see what kind of vegetarian soups were available Schlotzsky's won.

I really liked the display of all their breads. The sourdough is the one I pick the most. I just like the taste and texture of it with the dark rye comint in as second choice. I would love a sourdough and rye swirl but it's not offered yet. :o)
This place was really clean. This is only my second visit here but the last time it was really nice as well.

The decoration of the place is nice and reminds me of an old general store. I liked all the wood accents they had.

 Broccoli cheese was one of three they offered today. It is served really hot so becareful not to burn your tongue. The flavor is really good, nice and creamy my only complaint would be that I wish the broccoli was a little bigger. Other than that it was a perfect soup.

 My order was a Tulsa Two Step today. It is angus roast beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, and red onion topped with hickory sauce and served on toasted Sourdough bread.

 The red onion wasn't piled on, just enough for nice add of flavor.

Schlotzsky's sandwiches are quite a handful. :o) 

 Rod ordered the Fresh Veggie sandwich. I didn't get a chance to try it but it looked yummy. They put cheddar cheese, cucumber slices, red onion, tomato and lettuce with fat-free spicy ranch dressing and black olives on a toasted wheat bread usually but Rod picked sourdough like me.

The dressing wasn't too spicy just added a nice zip to the sandwich.  

They really pile on the veggies.  

 You can sit at a table, bar or outside here. Since it was raining this day we chose inside at a table. I can't wait to go back and try one of their pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment