Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Redneck Heaven

http://www.redneckheaven.com/

2501 S Stemmons Fwy

Lewisville, TX 75067-8758
(For those that live outside Texas Stemmons Fwy is also I-35)
I can't tell you how bad I was confused when I was first driving and didn't reallize a lot of roads have two names. I think it's crazy but it's just how it is.

I liked how they did the outside of the building in barn red with tin awnings.


They have a place to sit and watch a big screen t.v. if you don't want to sit at a table or bar which is kinda nice a little too dark for me though.


Of course on the walls you will find all kinds of car hoods, signs and bar logos.


You can play pool here or video games.



This is my favorite bar sign.


Loved the repica hood from Smokey and the Bandit.




I thought this was just too funny. :0)




The windmill in the middle of the room was differant. I wish it pumped water or something. That would have made it neat.


The chips tasted fresh out of  a bag. You aren't going to get fresh fried one here. The avacodo was fresh made but it had no flavor to it. There wasn't any tomatoe, onion or jalapano in it either. The salsa was unrememberable as I can't tell you what it tasted like now.


 The cheese sticks tasted straight out of a box and were okay but they could have been heated more.

 It seems they weren't fried long enough to really melt the cheese. Either that or they have been sitting out a long time.
I feel really lucky to have gotten to enjoy my friends company for lunch this day and also that they don't mind too much that I take pictures of their food.


Laredo Chicken~ It had to be the best thing that I tasted at the table not including what Dale had ordered because I didn't taste his burger. It is a blackened chicken breast topped with queso, bacon and mushrooms. Genia ordered sweetpotatoe fries to go with it and green beans. I felt like the green beans were over cooked but she liked them.

If I ever go again I am ordering this. :0)



Dale ordered the "Pimp My Chicken Sandwich!" You get to pick what you want on it. You have a choice of

- Char-grilled, Blackened or Chicken Fried? - Kaiser roll or Texas Toast

- Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Onion - Wing sauce - Dressing, Mayo, or Mustard.

- American or Cheddar cheese and/or Bacon

I didn't get a bite but it looked good.


Rodney ordered the Veggie Wrap it comes with lettuce, tomato, guacamole and cheese.

Believe it or not it was fresh "guacamole". Their quacamole is just mashed avocados.


I couldn't resist ordering the fried “Full of Baloney” bologna sandwich – A Lewisville Fire Department
Favorite!(Or so they claim.) Topped with melted American cheese.
It was served hot and it wasn't bad just a bit too salty though for me.


I hadn't had one since I was a kid. It was a bigger sandwich than I thought it would be and I only ate half. It was thin sliced bologna and the bun was grilled but the meat was really salty. Not that I eaten bologna alot but I don't remember it being so salty when my mom made it. :0)

The one on the left was our waitress. All the waitresses stopped by the table to see if we needed anything and I really liked that. All in all it wasn't a bad experiance but it isn't a place that I am just dying to go back because of the food. It is a good bar that serves mediocre food and has some pretty and friendly waitresses.




No comments:

Post a Comment