Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cosmic Cafe

http://www.cosmiccafedallas.com/

2912 OAK LAWN AVN,
DALLAS, TEXAS 75219

This is probably the most colorful cafe I have been to yet. It is so busily deocorated, made it really fun to look around and see what you could find painted on the walls and ceiling.

I can only imagine the hours it took to paint this place.

There is a place upstairs that you can go and meditate if you like. I will get some pics of that the next time we go.


One of the walls outside.

We started with samosas, they are potato & pea pastries slightly spiced with curry and served with mint & tamarind chutney. Rod ordered the hibiscus tea which was delicious. Hibiscus tea has a tart, cranberry-like flavor that I found quite tasty even without sugar. (And just a small side note on this tea, it contains vitamin C and minerals and is used traditionally as a mild medicine.

These were so yummy! Fried a golden bown it had a nice crispy outside that opens up into a tasty center.

The hummus plate was our second choice for the appitizer. Ground garbanzos mixed with garlic, tahini, and lemon juice make a wonderful dip. It is served with nan which is a flat bread. It is one of my favorites. 


Rod ordered the buddhas delight it is curried vegetables, dahl, samosa, pappadam, basamic rice and nan. All the food was delicious but they were really sloppy with the presentation of the food. In my opinion if you are
 going to make such wonderful foods you should care how it looks being served to the customer.
From the top it looks perfect. :0)

My order was spinach enchiladas; three red corn tortillas filled with yummy spinach and topped with cheese sauce. It's served with black beans, basamic rice and a salad.

I wasn't asked about what dressing I wanted so I am guessing you don't have a choice. It is served with olive oil and basamic vinager. I felt like the plate was too small for the serving as the bowl of black beans was on top of one of the enchiladas. I feel like they should have used a bigger plate or smaller bowl. Other than the black beans needing onion or garlic added to it the food was delicious I have no other complaints and I can't wait to visit here again.

I loved the water glasses, non breakable stainless steal would be perfect with kids.

I ordered a smoothie which was a wonderful mix of frozen bananas and apple juice blended with mango. You could get strawberry or blueberry if you wanted but I like mango best.  

I just had to try this nan dessert. It is called raisin consciousness and it is a blend of thinly sliced apples, strawberrys, carmelized raisins, walnuts, honey and cream cheese on nan.


It was so delicious!

The waitress was wonderful and quick to come by and ask how everything was. The prices are bit high for what you get but the food is worth it. The bill for this meal was just over $40.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment